Saturday, June 8, 2013

Journey To My Soul

 

I have always been a curious soul, even as a child. I had touched on the experience of journeying inward to discover myself, but it wasn't until I was older that I started to go deeper with myself and started to become a self help junkie!

I began to read everything I could get my hands on in this extraordinary topic, but it was still sort of surface based for me.  I would jump from reading Gary Zukav’s seat of the soul to US magazine, in between two worlds.  I was curious but so buried in my life as a mother and wife that I was often taken off course. 

A few years later, after having my third child and returning back to work as a hairstylist, I began to feel myself having thoughts of "there is something else I need to be doing." The moment I really allowed this message to enter my journal is when it became real. I began to write every day focusing on how I was going to make a radical change in my life. Shortly after, I  quit my job and began to study every spiritual teacher I could! I felt this incredible surge of energy to learn, to grow, to expand!  This force was truly unstoppable. I'm sure my family and my husband thought I had lost my mind, but in my reality, I was FOUND.

I began to immerse myself in the teachings of this new way of life I was creating and went to coaching school, Feng Shui school, Fashion Feng Shui school, I studied energy work and became a Reiki Master, I found myself going on a miraculous workshop tour! I created my own business, Soul Style and my own radio show, Soul Sister Circle Talk show which was a blast to do! I also got deeper with my yoga practice and just recently became a 200 Hour RYT through Yoga Alliance. 

The real shift for me was about 2 years ago when I dropped into a committed and deeper meditation practice. My practice changed my life. Meditation taught me that I didn't need to keep endless searching and studying and taking workshops, rather what I was seeking all along is what I already had within mySELF. 

Thousands of dollars later, many highs and lows of peeling back layers along my journey, and here I am. I am truly HAPPY!

Do What You Love!

I created my business Soul Style as a reflection of all my studies and passions and complaining them into one with the intention of bringing them into service for others. I am a stylist to the SOUL. My intention is to teach people that they are not lost, broken or ugly, but in fact they are whole and perfect and BEAUTIFUL! 

I want to help people release their fear of change and find excitement in the process.  Change is the gateway to the liberation your soul desires, It is not to be feared but yet encouraged! I want to heal people, to help them return to soul based living. The energy that people put out into the collective directly effects the world we live in. I have a vested interest in the happiness of others because it effects my own life and every other individuals lives in this Universe. We all need to take responsibility for our own happiness and how it effects others. I am here to raise the vibration!
 
 

Lets Get Spiritual

I have many rituals, but the one thing that has helped me and continues to is my meditation practice. I have studied many forms of meditation and seemed to bring them all together for my own style. I believe we all have our own 'Soul's Style' of meditation.  

For me it waking up every morning, sitting for 30 minutes in a quiet space with some incense, my mala beads, oracle cards and always tons of crystals. I personally love the Primordial Sound meditation that I learned at the Chopra Center using mantras, and I seem to use this most often. My oracle cards and journaling are how I end my practice daily. I always ask for guidance from spirit and journal my thoughts. I believe that we are all co-creators on Earth and I don't move forward without checking in and invoking spirit first!

You Are Beautiful!

We are all here to be creative expressions of our souls evolution. I see the beauty in everything, and you can too.  I see the beauty in all people and the creative differences we all have just gets me so inspired for life!  What a boring world this would be if we were all the same.  I think it is a movement of authenticity that will shift our planet and change our world.  Authentic people GLOW!

When you begin to see your own Soul Style you slowly stop comparing yourself to others, you begin to see yourself as bright light in the world. Comparison to others begins to fall away when we realize we are art on to ourselves. There are 8-10 Billion people on this planet and no two people share the same soul.

We are all here for our own unique creative way to express the pure light inside of ourselves. We cannot begin to act 'as one' in this world until we have embraced the one within us and free ourselves to creatively express our beauty, our Soul's Style of expression  We are ALL beautiful!  

Unicorns & Shooting Stars

It seems to me that the million dollar question right now is "What is my Soul's purpose?"

Everyone seems to think it is kind of cool to throw around the term 'Spiritual', and I am all for it! I say everyone jump on the spiritual bandwagon! BUT...  Be ready... For it is not all unicorns and fairies and shooting stars.  

Some parts of the journey are, but other parts are down right scary and seem to be a lot of work! I know this first hand and believe that many other individuals who have embarked on their own spiritual journey would agree. It is painful to peel back all the layers of false self that you have either inherited from generations or have created for yourself along your life's journey. I believe that "healing" is a return to ones pure self.  What we seek is already within us. We just need to let go of all the false identities and false beliefs so that the gem within can see the light of day and radiate! This is what I have learned is called a practice. It is only through daily practice that we begin to shed and grow. It IS living life, that IS the spiritual journey. 

I believe that the universe IS always conspiring for our greatest good and I get excited about change now. I have unwavering faith that freedom is within my expression of my journey. Spirituality is not what you DO, it is WHO you are. It is HOW you live your life!  In every area of your life, your Soul Style shows up.

Now, when I hear people say, "I am on a spiritual journey", I passionately exclaim - well buckle up and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment